Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical Associates has an exciting practice opportunity for a Cardiology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at our Las Vegas, Nevada clinic. This is an employed practice position, 100% outpatient, no nights or weekends.
In this role, you administer comprehensive outpatient cardiology care. The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant is responsible for providing health care services to cardiology patients. Enhances and expands the patient care within the medical practice, collaborates with the physician(s) and other clinicians by providing a full scope of patient care. Focus is on preventive health or the management of stable chronic conditions.
- Provide cardiovascular medical management in a clinic setting for adults, including general and preventative care, conduct physical examinations, treat and manage cardiovascular disease, order diagnostic testing and labs, and prescribe medications
- Provide comprehensive Cardiology health assessments to treat and manage patient care
- Follow comprehensive plans that include intervention and treatment to attain expected outcomes
- Identify expected outcomes derived from the assessment data and diagnoses and individualize expected outcomes with the patient specific populations and with the health care team when appropriate
- Provide comprehensive clinical coordination of care and case management.
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD / LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one-week paid CME with $2500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
- National Nurse Practitioner certification or Physician Assistant certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Unrestricted, NP/PA-C active licensure in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- 3+ years of Cardiology experience
- Current DEA license or ability to obtain
- Proficient in assessment and development of treatment plans
- Ability to communicate with patients, team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on the best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Intermediate level of technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Ability to conceptualize the needs for the team or department and actualize plans for implementation
- Empowered to develop plans of action and gain team consensus towards common goals
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- A background in managed care
- Familiarity with ICD - 10 coding
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.