Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Landmark Health - Hartford, CT - Generous Sign On Bonus or Student Loan Repayment
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Landmark Health Provider, now a part of the Optum family, you visit your panel of patients in the comfort of their own homes. You spend all the time needed to ensure your patients’ health issues are addressed. You create a friendly and trusting relationship with each patient and his or her family. You have the support of a collaborative, multidisciplinary clinical team who works in the field with you. And you do it all at no added cost to the patient.
Landmark is not a fee-for-service practice. We create successful patient outcomes and high levels of satisfaction for our patients. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality time caring for a smaller number of patients.
Landmark is now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations in numerous markets across the US. At Landmark, we live by the principle of one mission, one vision, one team.
By observing your patients in their homes, you will gain valuable insights into aspects of their lives – sometimes subtle, but always important – that otherwise may never be revealed in a traditional care setting. You will have the resources of our custom electronic medical records (EMR) program, comprehensive mobile medical technology system, and dedicated technical support department.
- Manage chronic illnesses in a complex elderly population with multimorbid conditions focused on wellness, avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits, providing patient education about disease processes, improving overall quality of care, and increasing patient satisfaction in the healthcare system
- Document timely with an added focus on closing HEDIS quality gap measures and recapturing HCCs
- Engage new patients enrolling in the program with a comprehensive geriatric focused initial assessment that includes functional eval, social and safety assessments, cognitive screening and mental health assessments and more
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients on an urgent basis in home with an array of equipment and medications
- Order and interpret appropriate tests including x-rays, labs, and EKGs to diagnose, prescribe and treat within the provider’s scope of practice and consistent with the standards of care
- Start treatment in the home at the point of care
- Collaborate with patient’s PCP and specialists as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) accredited program
- Current unrestricted NP or PA state license
- 2+ years of clinical NP or PA experience in IM, Geriatrics, Primary Care, ED, Urgent Care, or similar setting
- Current state driver’s license
- Access to reliable transportation to conduct patient visits; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.