Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Statewide Traveler - New York
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment OR $25,000 Sign-On Bonus
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group providers home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. The growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
ABOUT the STAR Program
The STAR Advanced practice providers (APP) provide STaffing Action and Relief and serves a critical role in Metro, Market and/or Regional teams by traveling to areas to fill staffing gaps. STAR APPs are key players in standardization of documentation and efficiencies, and act as local SMEs for longitudinal, urgentivist and palliative visits in addition to being Skills Champions. They act as local culture ambassadors for the Market/Region, and provide continuous improvement feedback to Metro, Market and Regional leadership. Travel can be up to every week and will be at the discretion of the leadership teams. Expectations include a normal amount of on call for that market.
The STAR APP is an integral member of the team and provides services mainly to mature markets or engagement in implementation markets. Daily activities can vary week by week based on company needs. These activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with market engagement, longitudinal visits, urgent visits, post discharge visits, palliative visits or other visit types as needed
- Support interdisciplinary care team (IDT) operations and weekly IDT meetings
- On-call coverage
- Standardization and Best Practices
- This position is a travel position and may require up to 100% travel
- Reports directly to Regional Medical Officer
- Have an unencumbered license allowing licensure and credentialing in multiple states as requested, including assisting the Landmark credentialing team with timely and responsive processing of all required licensing / credentialing paperwork; Responds to licensure action items in a timely fashion
- Fees for licensure will be reimbursed by Landmark following policies and procedures
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of advanced practice nursing
- Performs an initial comprehensive assessment on all newly enrolled members
- Completes follow-up and post-hospital assessments according to documented standard operating procedure
- Prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary transfers/acute admissions.
- May participate in team meetings that include, but may not be limited to:
- Weekly IDT meetings
- Monthly staff meetings
- Continuing education/journal club programs
- All Hands Calls
- Implements HEDIS measure campaigns and other quality initiatives as directed by Corporate Health Services to ensure the highest standards of care and to promote the improvement of care management and delivery
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas. Interact well with multiple leadership styles
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
- Organization - Ability to coordinate travel and submit expenses for reimbursement following Landmark policies and procedures
- Flexibility - Team-player who can adopt to last minute changes in travel and schedule. “No-fuss” provider who is willing to do what it takes within acceptable boundaries to meet market needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s Degree nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant accredited program with a Master’s level degree or higher
- Current NP or PA-C license State of New York
- Current state driver’s license
- Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years clinical experience
- Clinical training experience
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
Below are the physical requirements which are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel frequently by plane or car
- Ability to carry required equipment and supplies to visits, and for travel by plane or car
Below is a description of the work environment that the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Initial high frequency visits to patient residences followed by as needed visits during market implementations
- Will require regular travel to patient residences and non-home-based market offices
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus and/or Student Loan Repayment Plan Option is available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus or Student Loan Repayment Plan Option unless they are newly moving into the Traveler Nurse Practitioner role.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.