Nurse Practitioner, HouseCalls Dona Ana NM
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
24- 40 Hours Per Week availabile!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
HouseCalls is a Nurse Practitioner led model of care designed around the person offers a fulfilling career where you can focus on what brought you into medicine: keeping patients healthy.
Providers perform annual clinical assessments to members in the comfort of their homes. HouseCalls visits are effective in reducing health risks, identifying acute issues, and connecting members to key support services. The Optum HouseCalls team had a 99%-member satisfaction rate in 2021.
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends and no holidays required.
OPTUM is transforming care delivery with innovative and personal care. As one of the largest employers of Advance Practice Clinicians, Optum offers unparalleled career development opportunities.
- Conduct in-home assessments including an evaluation of past medical history, review of systems, medication reconciliation, vital signs, and comprehensive physical exam
- Perform evidence-based practice screenings including point of care testing (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform member’s PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Travel up to 85%
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active NP license or ability to obtain by start date. Licensure must be unencumbered, free of any open/unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Active ANCC or AANP national certification in Family, Geriatrics, Adult, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care certification, or the ability to obtain national certification and/or NP license in state of assignment by start date
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the job including lifting a 30-pound bag in and out of the car, navigating stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions, and sit, stand and kneel to perform physical assessment
- Reliable transportation to complete home visit assessments
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting
- May be requested to obtain additional licensure in other geographic areas
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home Health care or home visit experience
- Ability to travel up to 5% within licensed states if requested for additional incentives (with notice, based on business needs)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** Employees must be in an active regular status. Employees must remain in role for a minimum of 12 months from the date of hire /rehire/transfer. If an employee leaves Home and Community, the student loan repayments will cease. The employee must remain in an Advanced Practice Clinician or Physician role within Home and Community for 36 months to receive the full benefit of the student loan repayments.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.