Nurse Practitioner, Home Visits - Brandon, Plant City, Seffner, FL
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
**$10,000 Sign On Bonus for Full-Time External Candidates**
As a member of the Home-Based Medical Care (HBMC) team you will provide in-home care for complex, chronically ill patients. Through routine, urgent, and transition of care visits you will impact patients’ quality of life and help decrease patient utilization through active care management and by collaborating with the HBMC interdisciplinary team, PCP, and specialists. All of this is done with a focus on the patients’ goals of care
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of advanced practice nursing or physician assistants
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, care givers, and/or their legal representatives, IDT members, PCPs, other collaborating physicians/providers, and facility staff when applicable
- Performs an initial comprehensive assessment on all newly enrolled patients and provides ongoing care thereafter. Develops a patient management care plan upon enrollment and updates it as needed when changes in condition warrant or following hospitalization. Meets with patients and/or their legal representatives to review newly developed or modified care plans; involves the PCP or supervising physician in these meetings, when applicable
- Completes follow-up and post-discharge assessments according to documented standard operating procedure
- Prescribes appropriate diagnostics and interventions to avoid unnecessary acute admissions
- Comfortable with basic procedures of nursing care, including IV placement, blood draws, injections, foley catheters, nasal packing, wound care, etc. New hire and annual skills check/training provided
- Consults with hospital, emergency or post-acute clinical team following notification of patient transfer
- Educates patients and/or their legal representatives in disease processes affecting patients and ways to manage them effectively, as well as to promote wellness
- Provides counsel, support and education to staff as appropriate
- Actively participates in ongoing meetings pertaining to patient care and clinical excellence
- On-call for caseload during business hours. Participation in clinical after hours on-call program on rotational basis
- Keeps current on relevant medical and nursing research, technology, and related issues by attending continuing education courses, professional meetings and journal reviews
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of Nurse Practitioner accredited program
- Current non-restricted state RN license
- Current non-restricted NP license
- 2+ years of clinical experience, primary care, home-based medical care, geriatrics or palliative care or emergency/urgent care
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of long-term care, community resources and cost-effective alternatives regarding patient care delivery systems
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPC codes
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness of NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
- Proficient with Electronic Medical Record Systems and documentation
- Proven interest in learning or experience in using data analysis to support management of patients
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.