Care Manager/RN-Presque Isle, ME
Opportunities at Northern Light Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Whether you are looking for a role in a clinical setting or supporting those who provide care, we have opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. As a statewide health care system in Maine, we work to personalize and streamline health care for our communities. If the place for you is at a large medical center, a rural community practice or home care, you will find it here. Join our compassionate culture, enjoy meaningful benefits and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Care Manager, RN provides leadership in the coordination of patient-centered care across the continuum, develops a safe discharge plan through collaboration with the patients/caregivers and multidisciplinary healthcare team to arrange appropriate post discharge services and optimal transitions in care. Facilitates appropriate LOS, patient experience, and reimbursement for all patients. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with all members of the healthcare team. Through clinical care coordination drives efficient utilization of resources to reduce length of stay, improve patient flow and throughput, limits variation by applying innovative and evidence based practice, and to reduce the risk of readmission.
Location: 140 Academy Street Presque Isle, ME 04769
- Maintains a working knowledge of care management, care coordination changes, utilization review changes, authorization changes, contract changes, regulatory requirements, etc.; serves as an educational resource to all Health System staff regarding utilization review
- Assumes roles in assessment physical, psychosocial, & economic needs for transition of care planning to a variety of levels of care, delegates to others as appropriate
- Documents, verifies, and validates specific data required to monitor and evaluate interventions and outcomes
- Interviews and collects patient specified data and chart review related to readmission and appropriately notifies care team
- Communicates telephonically and electronically with outpatient providers in an effort to enhance the continuum of care
- Integrates performance improvement principles and customer service excellence principles into all aspects of job responsibilities, practice and governmental commercial payer guidelines
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and laws of the hospital and all federal and state regulatory bodies
- Assumes responsibility for Health System required continued education and owns professional growth
- Performs tasks of a clinical nature within scope of assigned duties and clinical expertise
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form, as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Nursing
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of employment
- 1+ year of experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- Ability to type, and navigate a Windows based environment
- Full COVID-19 and Flu vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Previous background in managed care
- Case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.