Per Diem - Nurse Practitioner House Call - Tulsa, OK
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for New External candidates ( Offer Acceptance)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
You’ve worked hard to be able to deliver smart, compassionate care. So have we. Here at Inspiris, a part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we are bringing data, technology and people together in order to help the health system work better. This role offers a way to improve the life of patients while increasing your autonomy and building your knowledge. Visiting patients in their homes will provide you with a deeper understanding of their lifestyles and needs. Join us and you’ll discover all the resources, support and opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 5 global leader.
- Complete a full history and physical assessment for patients in their homes
- Submit documentation at the completion of the assessment
- Travel to patients' homes or nursing homes
Since this position involves in-home visits, the ability to work autonomously and travel extensively will be required. You should also be comfortable and adept at completing extensive EMR documentation and management within multiple systems.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state of assignment
- Nurse Practitioner certification from either the ANCC or AANP
- 1+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner
- Valid driver's license and required liability insurance for personal vehicle or access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients (including patients with illnesses like Alzheimer’s, dementia and mental health conditions) and their families
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understanding of dual populations who are enrolled in both Medicare and Medicaid is beneficial
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty experience
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual
If you want more meaning in your career, take this opportunity and apply.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.