Nurse Administrator Optum Crystal Grove
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Nurse Administrator reports to the Supervisor, Support Services and is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all operational and financial aspects of the center in conjunction with the physician(s), Regional Manager of Operations, and Regional Medical Director to provide effective leadership to center teammates and oversee the delivery of quality, cost-effective patient care. The Nurse Administrator is also responsible for ensuring the continuity of care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting utilizing the appropriate resources within the parameters of established contracts and patients’ health plan benefits. The Nurse Administrator facilitates continuum of patients’ care utilizing advanced nursing knowledge, experience and skills to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and patient quality outcomes. Performs care management functions on-site or telephonically as the need arises. The Nurse Administrator works in conjunction with the care team and PCP as care team leader. Ensures evaluation is in alignment with site based goals. This role reflects subject matter expertise in two key areas; center leadership as well as care management.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to clinical and administrative teammates
- Meets with patients, patients’ family and caregivers as needed to discuss care and treatment plan as delineated in Transitions of Care program
- Identifies and assists with the follow-up of high-risk patients in acute care settings, skilled nursing facilities, custodial and ambulatory settings
- Uses protocols and pathways in line with established disease management and care management programs and approved by medical management in order to optimize clinical outcomes
- Oversees provisions for discharge from facilities including follow-up appointments, home health, social services, transportation, etc., in order to maintain continuity of care
- Works in coordination with the care team and demonstrates accountability with patient management and outcome
- Promotes a team approach to delivering quality, cost-effective care to where patient satisfaction is the primary goal
- Provides accurate information to patients and families regarding plan benefits, community resources, referrals and other related issues
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the cost consequences resulting from Care Management decisions through utilization of reports and systems such as Health Plan Benefits, utilization of metrics and CM reports
- Prepares annual capital equipment and operating budgets for the center. Monitors departmental activities and justifies variances when necessary. Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs
- Ensures the coordination of provider schedules and the scheduling of patients. Monitors appointment availability and implements changes as needed
- Works in conjunction with designated Medical Director, Regional Manager and regional team to enhance provider satisfaction. Assists in resolving provider-related issues when necessary
- Monitors the impact of growth on the facility’s existing space plan based on projected enrollment, visits and utilization
- Propose, plan and direct facility expansion and enhancement projects when required
- Enhances center’s visibility through community involvement
- Reports progress, operational issues, organizational opportunities and threats to the regional team on a monthly basis or as needed
- Monitors patient satisfaction through various programs such as the formal complaint process, new patient survey, CAHPS, HOS, etc. Responds as appropriate
- Team development including recruitment, counseling, mentoring and termination of teammates
- Provides leadership experience that directly impacts the hands-on daily operations of the center
- Adheres and monitors compliance with all to learn and implement appropriate Federal, State, and local regulations
- Implements best practices to oversee the care of patients and to better meet patient needs
- Evaluates and recommends health delivery network changes with the Medical Director
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Certificate in Practical Nursing
- Valid Florida LPN license
- IV certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science
- Valid Florida RN license
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years in a Primary Care setting
- 3+ years of previous management experience
- Healthcare industry experience within managed care and/or medical group operations environment
- Care management, utilization review or discharge planning experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.