Resource Nurse - PACU
Additional Information About the Role
Barnes – Main Campus
Parkview Tower, Rand Johnson, Center for Advanced Medicine
Gail Davis, Director of Pre/Post-Operative Services
Betty Langin, Patient Care Manager
Kelly (Miller) Montgomery, Assistant Nurse Manager
Kelly Paige, Assistant Nurse Manager
Sandra Filla, Nurse Educator
64 - Total Team Members
54 - Registered Nurses
07 - Patient Care Technicians
03 - Resource Nurse
- Case types?
- 60-70 cases per day
- Weekend Days RN: 7a – 7p Sat – Sun
- Weekday Night RN: M – F, 4*10s (9:30p – 7:30p available) or 5*8s (9p – 5:30p)
- Day shift during week (4*10s (12s not available for new ppl) 5:30a to 16:00, 7:30 to 18:00, 9:00 to 19:30, 10 to 20:30)
- Call: 24 hours in 6-week period, rotate weekend call (7 -19:30), 3*8s
- Holidays: 1 per year, major and minor rotation per year
- Graduate Nurse Eligibility: Yes
- Associates Degree??
- Orientation: 8 – 12 weeks of FT training on the floor with an experienced nurse
Provides and coordinates direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care. Supports the clinical manager with the delivery of safe patient care and building an effective work unit.
ResponsibilitiesCirculates and scrubs for assigned specialty and OR procedures.Serves as liaison between specialty physicians and hospital. Reviews and maintains physician preference cards from assigned specialty. Maintains proper function of equipment in assigned specialty.Serves as a clinical preceptor/mentor for orienteer and existing staff being introduced to the specialty area, providing them with clinical experience that promotes growth and competency. Presents training sessions on new equipment and instrumentation for nursing and technical staff members when the need arises. Provides feedback to the management regarding staff evaluations.Manages the inventory of specialty supplies to maintain par levels. Reviews specialty case cart supplies, custom pacts, for accuracy and cost effectiveness. Meets with vendors and serves as a liaison between them, management, and the physicians.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing