Additional Information About the Role
This nursing position will be in the CT (Computed Tomography) Department at Barnes Jewish Hospital in the Center for Advanced Medicine. Our RN’s play a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the CT Department. 3 CAM (Center for Advanced Medicine) (Center for Advanced Medicine) CT is ~90% outpatient driven, where the RN’s start IV’s, access ports, and are hands on with various CT diagnostic exams, such as medication administration for Cardiac CT exams.
- Monday -Friday- 830a-5p (no call, no holidays)
- Sign on Bonus Available- Up to $15,000
- This nursing position will be in the CT (Computed Tomography) Department at Barnes Jewish Hospital in the Center for Advanced Medicine. Our RN’s play a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the CT Department. 3 CAM (Center for Advanced Medicine) (Center for Advanced Medicine) CT is ~90% outpatient driven, where the RN’s start IV’s, access ports, and are hands on with various CT diagnostic exams, such as Cardiac FFR (Fractional Flow Rate.) CT nurses also work closely with the Technologist and Radiologists in the event of a code. On a given day, the nurses in the CT Department will take care of 20-30 outpatients. This is a fantastic opportunity for a nurse who enjoys starting IV’s and working in a fast-paced environment in a state-of-the-art CT Department.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Picture yourself working with the most advanced film less imaging equipment available; or learning the latest multi-slice CT scanning techniques; or conferring with one of St. Louis' most seasoned surgical team, using the latest in diagnostic tools to help them make life-changing decisions. The Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Barnes-Jewish Hospital pioneered many radiological milestones including work on 3-D treatment planning for cancer, and became the first in Missouri to combine PET and CT scanning. You will be working with an organization on the leading edge of diagnostic radiology. In fact, our radiology department is regarded as one of the top five in the United States, and performs over 453,000 diagnostic imaging examinations annually.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
ResponsibilitiesPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer