Penn Medicine PAH Nurse Midwife
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn OB/GYN and Midwifery Care (POMC) is seeking a Full Time Certified Nurse Midwife to join their practice. POMC is a group of 16 midwives and 7 obstetricians based at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. POMC midwives provide full-scope obstetric and gynecologic care to low and moderate risk patients, staff the Obstetric Triage unit, and attend births in the Pennsylvania Hospital Labor and Delivery Unit. In the setting of a very busy practice, we are committed to providing personal, individualized care to our patients. The midwives enjoy an excellent working relationship with our collaborating physicians, as well as with the residents and nurses on the labor floor.
The primary duties of the full scope CNM include:
- Provide high quality, safe care for low and moderate risk patients on the labor floor.
- Evaluate and either admit or discharge patients presenting to the obstetric triage unit.
- Provide excellent care for prenatal and gyn patients in the office setting, including prenatal and postpartum visits, annual well-woman exams, problem gyn visits, contraceptive counseling and management, LARC insertion/removal, etc.
- Respond to patient phone calls
- Review patient lab results and follow up as needed.
- Consult as needed with collaborating physicians.
- Update patient charts with relevant information.
- Teach residents and medical/midwifery students.
- Participate in activities to improve the practice and the department in general.
- Attend practice and OBGYN department staff meetings.
- Ability to appropriately care for women in labor: manage IP and immediate PP course; provide labor support as needed; perform vaginal delivery; manage emergencies such as cord prolapse, Cat III FHT, shoulder dystocia, PPH, etc.
- Ability to appropriately assess and treat low and moderate risk obstetric patients at all gestational ages who are presenting in obstetric unit with a variety of complaints.
- Ability to provide high quality, personalized care in outpatient setting to prenatal and a range of gyn patients.
- Maintain current clinical knowledge base. Stay up to date on practice guidelines and advisories, community standards, etc.
- Able to accurately perform limited 3rd trimester ultrasound
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Friendly, pleasant demeanor. Maintain collegial relationship with nurses, residents, attending physicians, support staff.
- Willingness to help where most needed and ability to identify and prioritize needs
- Stay calm and focused in chaotic, busy situations
- Make patients feel welcome and supported. Nonjudgmental, caring demeanor.
• Candidates must possess (or be eligible for): a nursing license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, a M.S.N., and certification as a Nurse Midwife (CNM).
• Current CPR certification.
• Experienced candidates preferred but new-to-practice candidates with strong nursing backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Penn Medicine Medical Group is the overarching structure that aligns 3500+ employed physicians at Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Penn Medicine is committed to embracing inclusion and diversity in our culture, focusing on our core values of cultural humility, equity, accountability and respect.
Why Penn Medicine:
·Featured as a Forbes Top Employer & US News and World Report Top Health System
·Competitive Compensation and CME package
·Strong benefits and retirement
·Collaborative, supportive work environment
·Access to in-system referrals for patients
·Networking and connection to colleagues across all specialties throughout Penn MedicineWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.