Charge Nurse/Team Lead - Acute Medicine
- Up to a $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
- $5/hr Barnes-Jewish Hospital Med/Surg Nurse Differential
RN Career Ladder
- The BJC Registered Nurse Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education, and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Acute Care Medicine manage patients with a full range of clinical issues-from significant blood dyscrasias, advanced endocrine pathology, heart and renal failure, GI conditions, infectious diseases, asthma, cystic fibrosis�and a multitude of other conditions and diseases.� Because of our patient acuity, we provide advanced training to bring new nurses to the highest level of functioning.�Each unit is lead by a clinical manager and lead charge nurse.� The unit is supported by an advanced practice nurse.� Additionally each unit is assigned a case manager, social worker, physical therapist, dietitian, and pharmacist.� This multidisciplinary team works in conjunction with the physicians, nurses and patient care technicians to provide quality patient care.
Under the direction of manager, plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a unit on a designated shift. Performs direct patient care as needed and functions as clinical resource to nursing and support staff. Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing process of assigned unit as needed.
ResponsibilitiesParticipates in professional developmentPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Provides unit leadership for defined period of time using critical thinking assessment and evaluation skills.Evaluate patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patients' stay.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer