Case Manager RN - Per Diem-Onsite
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Schedule: Hours will vary as this is a per diem role, will include weekends and holiday coverage when business requires
Location: Saint Louis University Hospital located at 1201 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63104
- Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP) discharge planning
- Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and observation length of stay
- Assesses patients at high risk for readmission, identifies root cause for readmission, and develops plan as well as collaborates with multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to next level of care
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work
- May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED case management process, admission process, and act as a case manager liaison with post-acute providers (skilled nursing facilities, rehab, home health, etc.)
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Nursing
- Unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Missouri
- 3+ years of experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
- BSN (Bachelor in Nursing)
- A background in managed care
- Case management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure to discharge planning
- Previous Epic (EMR) systems experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs
- Rare climbing
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.