$20,000 Student Loan Repayment or $10,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs - helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This role primarily provides urgent medical care and management to patients served by the HbMC practice. This position also participates in gathering clinical information for medical necessity determinations for service requests. Dedicated to improving the health and well-being of patients, this position collaborates with the patient’s interdisciplinary team, the patient’s PCP and other health professionals and community resources as needed, to deliver and coordinate care in line with patient specific goals of care in all phase of the illness trajectory.
- Practices in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations governing the practice of advanced practice nursing
- Responds to urgent / unscheduled patient needs with the purpose of assessing acuity of illness and preventing hospitalization through interventions delivered in the home when medically indicated and desired by patient
- During the visit, promptly communicates with the longitudinal provider and/or pod leader to discuss patient assessment and receive/document/implement orders received
- Comfortable with basic procedures of nursing care, including IV placement, blood draws, injections, foley catheters, nasal packing, wound care, etc.
- As availability allows, completes maintenance visits, post-discharge visits, and initial visits in a way and volume that allows prompt response to urgent patient requests during normal business hours
- Following the visit, promptly communicates with the PCP and specialist as needed along with communicating findings to their primary assigned provider
- Completes the required documentation in a timely manner (goal