PT Nurse Practitioner, HouseCalls - El Dorado County, CA
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus for individuals who have not previously participated in this program.
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs - helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our HouseCalls product, we provide annual clinical assessments to patients in the comfort of their homes. This important preventive care helps identify and reduce health risks for patients, in addition to coordinating appropriate follow-up care to improve health and well-being.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role you will have the ability to achieve work life balance. Flexible scheduling offered where providers can flex their time over the 7-day work week. No on-call, no weekends and no holidays required.
- Conduct in-home assessments including an evaluation of past medical history, review of systems, medication reconciliation, vital signs, and comprehensive physical exam
- Perform evidence-based practice screenings including point of care testing (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform member’s PCP of potential gaps in care
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Travel up to 85%
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active NP license or ability to obtain by start date. Licensure must be unencumbered, free of any open/unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Active ANCC or AANP national certification in Family, Geriatrics, Adult, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, or Adult-Gerontology Acute Care certification, or the ability to obtain national certification and/or NP license in state of assignment by start date
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the job including lifting a 30-pound bag in and out of the car, navigating stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions, and sit, stand and kneel to perform physical assessment
- Reliable transportation to complete home visit assessments
- 1+ years of clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting
- May be requested to obtain additional licensure in other geographic areas
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Home Health care or home visit experience
- Ability to travel up to 5% within licensed states if requested for additional incentives (with notice, based on business needs)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.