Nurse Practitioner - San Gabriel Valley, CA - Hospice/Palliative Care
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is a close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for experienced Advanced Practice Clinician to join our Palliative Care team in The San Gabriel Valley. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, bonus potential.
- Optum Clinic Locations: The greater San Gabriel Valley
- Average Patients Per Day ~10-12 PPD | 60 mins for new patients and 30 min follow up appointments
- Patient Mix: >65 with chronic medical conditions e.g., CHF, COPD, Diabetes
- No weekend or after-hours clinics but phone call coverage required in rotation with other clinicians
- Shard call with all high-risk providers, one weekend every few months but do not need to be home bound
- A majority of the time will be spent between an office setting and visiting patients in a home setting
- Dedicated support staff: Care Partner or Social Worker assigned to each patient depending on needs
- Support in Clinic: MA, LVN, and Pharmacist to clinic panel size of ~150 patients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
- Unrestricted California Advanced Practice Clinician license
- Current AANP/ANCC/NCCPA certification
- Current California DEA certificate required prior to start date
- 2+ years of experience in ambulatory care or a similar environment
- EMR Proficient
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, team player, adaptable to changing priorities
- Critical Care, Palliative, or Geriatrics certification as a Nurse Practitioner
- Experience in a managed care setting and working with medically complex patients
- Medical Spanish
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $110,040 to $139,000. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.