Field Case Manager RN - Bronx Manhattan NY
This is a full time opportunity - Monday through Friday - 8:30 am to 5:00pm EST
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
In this Field RN role, you will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating
- Assess, plan, and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Utilize the NYS UAS Assessment as needed in the home or via telehealth to develop a person center service plan to meet the member’s needs
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs, including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted, independent licensure as a Registered Nurse
- 2+ years of relevant clinical work experience
- 1+ years of community case management experience coordinating care for individuals with complex needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Willing or ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers' offices
- New York state issued ID or ability to obtain one prior to hire
- Behavioral health or clinical degree
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Field-based work experience
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Proficient in use of UASNY
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.