LPN - IV CERT
- Full time, Part time and PRN positions
- Sign on Bonus Eligible
- Benefits Eligible
- Locations Include: Alton Memorial, Barnes- Jewish St. Peters Hospital, BJC MedGroup, BJC Home Care, Christian Hospital, Memorial Hospital (Belleville/Shiloh), Progress West Hospital, and St. Louis Children's Hospital.
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
Provides direct patient care activities including IV management, utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of the RN.
- Implements treatments and procedures within the scope of practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides patient teaching and discharge planning. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Performs patient assessment and evaluation with regard to the patient?s age and developmental needs.
- Assists in developing and updating the plan of care with regard to the patient?s age and developmental needs.
- Implements plan of care with regard to the patients age and developmental needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- LPN - IV Certification
- <2 years of experience
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer