Nurse Practitioner - Daylight Provider - Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is a close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you!
We have immediate opportunity for an Advanced Practice Clinician to join our Primary Care team in Downtown Los Angeles. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package including medical malpractice coverage and tail policy, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and holidays, CME time and dollars, medical, dental and vision benefits, company paid life insurance, bonus potential.
- Optum Clinic Locations: Los Angeles, CA
- Supporting and assisting physicians with clinical care and task queue/inbox coverage at our group owned site
- Duties including but not limited to: Rx refills, lab and radiology result verification, primary care clinical management (preventative, chronic and acute disease management, post discharge hospital and skilled nursing visits), referrals to specialists as needed.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- No nights, no weekends and no call!
- Average Daily Patient Census: Up to 16 -18 patients per day
- We will consider and train new graduates!
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Medical Spanish or fluent Spanish required
- Master’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program
- Unrestricted California Advanced Practice Clinician license
- Current AANP/ANCC/NCCPA certification
- Current California DEA certificate required prior to start date
- 1+ years of experience in Primary Care
- EMR Proficient
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, team player, adaptable to changing priorities
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.