Full Time Nurse Practitioner
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Life Changing Work
As a part of Optum, the largest network of medical groups in the country, we are seeking a Full Time Nurse Practitioner to join our Urgent Care team in Glendora, CA. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing high quality care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.
This position will be based at our Glendora location, however, an ideal candidate for this role would be someone who is also willing to occasionally travel to our office in Covina as well!
- Patient centered team-based environment.
- Providing full spectrum Urgent Care for Pediatric & Adult patients, focusing on value-based care, and supported by an experienced staff
- Clinical Aptitude: Suture, I&D, Splinting, X-Ray Reading, Pediatrics & Adults, Occupational Medicine, Diagnostic and Lab Interpretations, Managing Infection and Wound Care
- Work-Life Balance; Flexible Scheduling
- Local office hours are: Monday – Sunday 9:00a – 8:00p
Average patient load:
- Goal/Target is average of 3 patients per hour.
- Teamwork; Evidence-based Medicine.
- Must be comfortable working independently but have Physician support at all times.
- Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care within the care team.
- Treat acute diseases and disorders, minor injuries, minor, procedures, ortho/splinting, interpretation of digital X-Ray’s, physical examinations, and more.
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient
- Unrestricted CA NP License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Current BLS, ACLS & PALS certification
- EMR Proficient
- Excellent communication skills and time management
- 1+ years post residency experience
- Spanish Speaking Strongly Preferred
For California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $110,040 to $139,000. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment