Discharge Planner - RN
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Discharge Planner is responsible and accountable for coordination of patient services through an interdisciplinary process, which provides a clinical and psychosocial approach through the continuum of care. Through concurrent case management, patients will be assessed to determine appropriateness of admission, continued hospitalization, as well as appropriate level of care. Discharge planning will begin at the time of (or prior to) admission, and reassessed ongoing throughout the course of hospitalization. Quality and Risk Management issues will also be monitored for and reported as appropriate.
Location: 4747 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80303 (Boulder Community Health)
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, schedule can vary per business needs
- Directly communicates with staff, physicians, patients and families
- Coordinates patient care processes to achieve desired quality outcomes and identifies/controls inappropriate resource utilization
- Facilitates patient and family education and promotes continuity of care to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Assures patient rights by offering a choice when appropriate
- Reviews the patient plan of care with the multi-disciplinary team. Facilitates and participates in multi-disciplinary team care conferences for patients with complex problems. Communicates in the medical record and verbally with the team to coordinate interventions and facilitate continuity of care
- Daily communication and collaboration with the patient care staff to provide continuous assessment, evaluation and continuum planning to assure the patient receives the appropriate level of care at the appropriate time. Facilitates the implementation of nursing interventions as indicated by the multi-disciplinary team plan of care that enhances and compliments the skill level of the nursing staff
- Functions without direct supervision, utilizing time constructively and organizing assignments for maximum productivity. Arranges schedule to facilitate meeting with physicians for patient care rounds, team meetings and other opportunities to improve communication
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- Valid unrestricted RN License in the state of Colorado OR Master of Social Work (MSW) Degree
- Ability to commit to working 1 weekend day per pay period (1 weekend day every 2 weeks)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Case Management Certification
- 3+ years of recent clinical or case management experience in area of specialization
- Knowledge/understanding of community resources, policies, and procedures
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.