Family Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant | Urgent Care - Lehigh Acres, FL
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Urgent Care Independent Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team in Lehigh Acres, FL. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Fully licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
- Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP or certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA
- 2+ years of experience working independently
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the area
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.