DRG Manager, CVA Audit Team - RN - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The DRG Manager RN oversees a team of employees ranging from 15 – 20 direct reports. As a DRG Manager RN, you will be responsible to oversee staff and processes ranging from triage, non-clinical, and clinical. Day to day management includes employee development, revenue / IOI management, expense management, project management, client management / implementation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage a team of professional staff
- Review and provide feedback of staff performance
- Serve as a resource of complex and/or critical issues
- Serves as an operational leader by creating, implementing, and approving operational changes through documentation and process flows
- Provides explanations to internal and/or external partners on difficult issues
- Process expertise to solve complex problems and develops innovative solutions with broad impact to the overall business
- Participates or leads the development of business strategy
- Ability to interpret, predict and forecast changes in business operational activities and needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with no restrictions
- CCS or CIC Certifications, or willing/able obtain CCS or CIC certification within 6 months of Hire
- 3+ years acute care Inpatient coding/DRG validation experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Knowledge of encoder/grouper applications (3M, Webstrat)
- Understanding of health insurance and/or of waste & error principles required
- Proficient in MS Word and Office
- AHIMA Certified RHIT or RHIA
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills required; ability to exercise good judgment
- Exceptional telephone and client service skills; ability to interact professionally in challenging situations
- Open to change and new information; ability to adapt behavior and work methods to changing organization and integrate best practices
- Candidate must be highly organized with effective and persuasive communication skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.