Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group - Dallas, TX
A partner of the Optum Care network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join one of our clinics in the Bishop Arts District in Dallas, TX. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient, comprehensive, and proven care techniques to treat the whole patient – physically, mentally, and socially – at each visit
- “Quality vs. Quantity Model” – Typically see 14 to 16 patients per day
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- Bonus incentives are based on quality metrics
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of $15,000
- Optum Care Advanced Provider Clinician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 160 hours of PTO, 40 hours CME, and clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and Florida.
- Certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment
- 1+ year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.