Allied Health Educator- LPN or MA
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Department: Allied Health Education
Location: 3400 Spruce Street
Hours: Day shift, Full time
We are looking for an Allied Health Educator with the following:
LPN or MA with:
· Strong clinical background & exceptional skills
· The ability to convey best practice, protocols, & clinical workflows leading to the development and elevation of the clinical practice of others
· Educational experience (i.e. precepting, developing in-service education, teaching)
- The Allied Health Educator is educated and knowledgeable regarding clinical workflows, procedures, patient populations, and various clinical skills. Under minimum administrative direction of the director of professional development, this position collaborates as a team member with the broader nursing professional development team and clinical leadership in the ongoing delivery and development of allied health educational programs, instructs allied health courses, and performs related work, as required.
- The Allied Health Educator provides insight to identify the learning needs of the outpatient staff and responds to these educational needs while considering the affected patient populations, new clinical evidence, organizational goals, and changes both locally within the health system and nationally/globally. They serve as vital liaisons to communicate and negotiate multiple perspectives within his/her organization respectfully and effectively to achieve/advocate positive change and delivery of appropriate and ethical care.
- Educational Programs – Educational Programs – Deliver an innovative educational program designed in collaboration with a nursing professional development specialist that employs adult learning principles and varies educational methodologies to address the learning needs of the outpatient staff and support their professional practice.
- Learning Environment – Develop a strong and effective learning environment under the guidance of a professional development specialist selecting appropriate psychomotor, cognitive, and affective educational content by using various materials and techniques.
- Program and Project Management – Develop relationships with stakeholders at various levels and disciplines to plan and develop educational programs that drive change and promote excellence. Function in the roles of both teacher and facilitator by coordinating and documenting implementation of plans necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Continued Education and Career Development – Manage self-development on a professional and educational level and promote lifelong learning in others. Acquire new knowledge and skills relevant to specialty, practice setting, role, and learner diversity. Seek experiences to maintain and improve competence in Their discipline. Promotes participation in professional organizations and scholarship for self and others. Participate in professional development opportunities with professional organizations and support the involvement of individuals in their professional development.
- Organizational Leadership – Function as an organization leader by modeling professional behavior. Implement motivational strategies at an individual, group, and program level. Demonstrate energy, excitement, and passion for quality of work. Effectively facilitate the group process by providing leadership in the coordination of multidisciplinary healthcare and community resources.
- Licensure or certification according to discipline (either MA Certification or Active LPN License in PA and NJ)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
·5+ years extensive clinical experience & varied clinical skills (phlebotomy, vital signs, ekgs, etc.).(Required) Advanced degrees (Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's) may be considered in lieu of experience.
· Associate's Degree Education, Health Care Based (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.