Team Lead/Charge Nurse Med/Surg
- Full time Position- 36 hrs/week
- Day Shift, No weekends- for the time being
- Benifts Eligible
- Sign on Bonus up to $10,000 - not eligible for internal employees
- The BJC RN Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
Additional Preferred Requirements
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital proudly serves the health care needs of families in St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties. The 102-bed community hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services including the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, the Breast Health and Women’s Center, the Cardiology Center, the Neurosurgery Center and the Outpatient Surgery and Endoscopy Center.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and carries a Level II stroke certification. Additionally, the hospital’s medical office building houses offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics, dermatology, surgery and pulmonology. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also offers outpatient services including physical therapy, a sleep lab, and cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation.
At Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, every decision is made in the best interest of patients and families. The medical/Surgical unit cares for a variety of patients utilizing relationship based care philosophy.
Under the direction of manager, plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a unit on a designated shift. Performs direct patient care as needed and functions as clinical resource to nursing and support staff. Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing process of assigned unit as needed.
ResponsibilitiesFacilitates identification and resolution of gaps in care from hospitalization, at discharge, and into the ambulatory care setting. Critically assess patient data to proactively mitigate impending changes in condition and establishes consults to interprofessional team as appropriate.Leads the development and implementation of complex individual plans of care with defined goals in collaboration with other members of the interprofessional team and the patient, family, or caregiver in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Plan of care reflects application of expert holistic clinical knowledge and skill to anticipate and prioritize complex care needs, anticipate barriers, incorporating interprofessional team and caregiver/family input, and identifies opportunities to improve patient outcomes.Actively utilizes and champions scientific inquiry for evidence-based practices (e.g., participates in journal club, facilitates practice change based on new knowledge, recommends new standards of care or revisions to current standards, conduct a literature search to support unit or organizational goals, disseminate new knowledge obtained from relevant conference or continuing education). Explore opportunities to advance nursing practice (e.g., support a community service health event as a representative of the healthcare profession, patient/family education group, community advisory board, member of Ethics Advisory Committee, serve as adjunct faculty, leadership board in specialty organization).Analyzes gap in practice standards and provides feedback to peers in collaboration with leadership to enhance safe patient care. Leads the evaluation of the patient and family experience, and adjusts care provided to improve patient satisfaction and quality of care.BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer