Intervention Nurse for MRI- PT (Every Other Sat/Sun 7am-7pm)- HUP
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a part-time Intervention Nurse for MRI in the Interventional Radiology department.
The shift is as follows: Every other Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p
No call required.
Summary: The MRI nurse is responsible for the care and management of patients undergoing routine and urgent imaging in MRI. Imaging is commonly done for postoperative and neurological patients.
The Interventional Radiology Division offers the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases using minimally invasive techniques. Many conditions that previously required traditional open surgery can now be treated with small catheters or other devices guided by radiologic imaging, allowing for a faster recovery, and a less costly procedure.
Conditions treated include:
• Acute and chronic deep vein thrombosis
• Diseases of the lymphatic system
• Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
• Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations
• Endoleaks from abdominal aortic aneurysms
• Cancer (liver, kidney, bone and lung)
• Peripheral arterial disease/critical limb ischemia (CLI)
• Vascular malformations/varicose and spider veins
• Women's health conditions (eg. uterine fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome)
• Hemodialysis access dysfunction
Here are a few of the minimally invasive techniques used:
• Liver directed tumor therapy (chemoembolization/radioembolization/tumor ablation)
• Uterine artery embolization (UAE)
• Varicocele embolization
• Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts
• IVC filter placement/complex IVC filter removal
• DVT thrombolysis
• Laser ablation for varicose veins
• Arterial revascularization
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Clinical Nurse 2 position description addendum.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below).
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- The Clinical Nurse 2 Colleague seeks feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice.
- The nurse demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission.
Care of the patient pre, intra and post procedure
Common procedures include: vascular access placement, drain placement/exchange, angiography, lymphangiograms, embolizations, ablations, biopsies, liver-directed therapies, adrenal vein sampling, venous recanalization, and radiation therapy.
Collaboration with physicians and radiology technologists to provide comprehensive patient care
Administration of moderate sedation
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Must have ICU or ER experience.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- BSN (Required)
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.