Step-Down Unit Student Nurse Tech - PRN
- Currently enrolled in an accredited ADN or BSN nursing school program
- Completed nursing fundamentals or equivalent course (or within 90 days of completion)
- Two shifts every 6 weeks – rotating
- Days 7am-7:30pm
- Nights 7pm-7:30am
- Holiday Rotation
- Weekend Rotation
[Register to View] " width="139" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96733&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Christian Hospital has been serving St. Louis and the surrounding metro areas since 1903. U.S. News & World Report ranks Christian Hospital No. 5 in St. Louis for overall clinical excellence and No. 9 in Missouri, which puts us in the top 6% of all hospitals in the state!
The U.S. News adult methodology ranks clinical specialties and rates common care procedures and conditions. Christian was nationally ranked as “high performing” in the clinical specialty of geriatrics and in the following seven of 21 common procedures and conditions: heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, COPD, pneumonia and stroke. High performing in a specialty means we were in the top 10% nationally of all evaluated hospitals for that specialty or procedure and condition.
Northwest HealthCare, six miles west of Christian, offers 24- hour emergency care, the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of outpatient diagnostic and imaging services.
Provides multi-skilled, direct patient care, under the direction and supervision of a registered professional nurse.
ResponsibilitiesAssists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nursing team.Collects clinical data and information on patients and reports abnormal findings to the nurse.Instructs patients in preparations for tests and procedures.
EducationEnrolled-accredited RN program
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
EducationEnrolled-accredited BSN progrm
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer