Med Oncology Charge Nurse
Medical Oncology Floor (4th Floor)
Inpatient Medical Oncology at Christian Hospital is comprised of a 28-bed unit, including 2 comfort suites for end-of-life patients. This unit cares for 75 percent medical patients and 25 percent hematology/oncology patients. The age range is 18 and above.
- Up to a $10,000 Sign On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible - Pension Plan Retirement Benefit
- 12 Hour Shift
- Night Shift - 7:00pm-7:00am
- Shift Differentials for Night/Weekend
- Rotating Weekends
- BSN Differential
- Great Leadership Opportunity!
BJC Career Ladder
- The BJC RN Career Ladder differentiates BJC as the place for nurses to work in the greater St. Louis area.
- This is a tool to empower nurses to work at the top of their license and own their career progression.
- The BJC RN Career Ladder promotes professional development, leadership, collaboration, education, and service excellence and gives staff the opportunity to continue doing what they do best - caring for patients - while having the opportunity to advance to the next step in their career.
- Moves to higher ladder levels will result in a percentage increase of current pay that aligns with the new job description.
[Register to View] " width="139" alt="icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=96733&hashed=-[Register to View] " />
Christian Hospital has been serving St. Louis and the surrounding metro areas since 1903. U.S. News & World Report ranks Christian Hospital No. 5 in St. Louis for overall clinical excellence and No. 9 in Missouri, which puts us in the top 6% of all hospitals in the state!
The U.S. News adult methodology ranks clinical specialties and rates common care procedures and conditions. Christian was nationally ranked as “high performing” in the clinical specialty of geriatrics and in the following seven of 21 common procedures and conditions: heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, diabetes, COPD, pneumonia and stroke. High performing in a specialty means we were in the top 10% nationally of all evaluated hospitals for that specialty or procedure and condition.
Northwest HealthCare, six miles west of Christian, offers 24- hour emergency care, the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of outpatient diagnostic and imaging services.
Patients admitted to Oncology are acutely ill patients with medical problems whose primary reasons for admission include, but are not limited to, all types of cancer, hematological disorders, anemia, immuno-compromised patients, sickle cell disease, and medical diagnosis such as pneumonia, diabetes, CHF, GI bleeding, and renal failure. Age range is 16 and above.
Under the direction of manager, plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a unit on a designated shift. Performs direct patient care as needed and functions as clinical resource to nursing and support staff. Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing process of assigned unit as needed.
ResponsibilitiesParticipates in professional developmentPromotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.Provides unit leadership for defined period of time using critical thinking assessment and evaluation skills.Evaluate patients response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patients' stay.
EducationNursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsRN
EducationBachelor's Degree - Nursing
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer