Occupational Medicine Physician Medical Director
Additional Information About the Role
BarnesCare, part of BJC Health Care System in St. Louis, Missouri, is seeking a Board Certified and experienced Occupational Health Physician to serve as Medical Director.
BarnesCare is the occupational medicine division of BJC HealthCare and has worked with St. Louis businesses since 1946. Our BarnesCare clinics are focused exclusively on occupational medicine.
- 100% Occupational Medicine
- 75% Clinical and 25% Administrative
- Standard office hours - M-F, No weekends/No Call
- Provide services and medical care to regional business clients
- Perform DOT, surveillance, pre-placement physicals, and other specialty exams and fitness for duty evaluations
- APP support is available
- No holidays or on-call responsibility
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive guarantee and production bonus
- 401k, 403b, 457b deferred compensation plan
- Pension plan
- Signing/retention bonus
- CME Allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-term disability, Life, AD&D and more
- Malpractice insurance with tail coverage provided
St. Louis Area Community:
- Professional sports teams including Stanley Cup winning Blues and the World Series winning Cardinals
- Ample fine-dining with numerous restaurants, wineries and microbreweries
- Low cost-of-living compared to most big cities
- Numerous public and private schools options available
- Easy access to Lambert International Airport
BJC Corporate Health Services comprises several organizations that share a dedication to creating and maintaining healthy workplaces. Serving hundreds of area employers as well as BJC HealthCare, BJC Corporate Health Services specializes in improving worker health, safety and productivity and reducing costs associated with work-related illness/injury and absenteeism.
The Contract Management group within BJC Corporate Health Services includes positions with direct and indirect patient care responsibilities at the three BarnesCare occupational medicine clinics and on-site services.
Provides medical leadership and clinical direction. Establishes medical and educational policies and procedures for the provision of services. Consults with physicians and other health care providers. Ensures compliance with internal guidelines and regulations.
ResponsibilitiesProvides guidance, advice, consultation, and medical expertise to physicians, health care providers and staff members.Directs, creates and integrates the delivery of services utilizing the latest in evidence-based medical information.Recruits and retains a strong and growing base of internal medicine and primary care physicians (PCPs) who predominantly chose to send their patients to BJC facilities.Directs operations and integrates services within the work unit and with other departments.Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
EducationDoctorate - Medicine
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsLicensed Physician
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to http://www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer