Hand Therapist - The Polyclinic - Seattle, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Everett Clinic is searching for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who enjoys working with physicians and colleagues in a team-oriented environment, who has interest in continual advancement of clinical skills and protocols for treatment, and who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and physicians to provide optimal patient care. Our hand center is comprised of 6 hand surgeons, 5 orthopedic surgeons, 1 PA-C, and 8 experienced CHTs.
You’ll see about 11 patients in a 10-hour day with 45 minutes for re-checks and 60 minutes for new patients. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). The current schedule is four 10-hour days on weekdays (no weekends) in Everett.
90-95% of referrals are post-operative and closed fractures from Hand Surgeons or Orthopedic Surgeons. You’ll see limited repetitive strain injuries and frequent referrals for custom fabricated hand/UE orthoses.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Current Washington state license
- Certification in Hand Therapy
- AHA - BLS certification
- Experience in treating acute and post-operative patient populations, including tendon repairs, fractures, and amputations
- Familiarity with post-operative therapy protocols for clinical treatment
- Proficiency in fabrication of custom orthoses
- Manual skills for joint mobilization
- Wound care
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- ASTYM certification or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a Certified Hand Therapist
We offer our providers an excellent benefit package which includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, malpractice and tail coverage and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Our team of more than 600 of the highest quality providers, who had their choice of health care organizations, chose The Everett Clinic, part of Optum. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.