Radiation Therapist (simulation)
Additional Information About the Role
BJC HealthCare is hiring a Full-time Certified Board Radiation Therapist (Simulation Therapist) at our Barnes Jewish Hospital Center for Advanced Medicine located in St. Louis, MO!!!
*** Position is geared towards Simulation aspect of Radiation Therapy ***
- Day Shift (4/10s) – Monday-Friday 6:30am-5pm
- No Weekends!! No Call!!
- Utilize both CT and MRI machines (learn and be trained on when hired)
- Set up patients in the treatment position, fabricate immobilization devices to utilize in daily treatment
- Obtain images needs for planning the treatments
- Scheduling patient simulations and treatments
- Completed an accredited Radiation Therapy program
- Board Certified by the ARRT
- Radiology, Medical Imaging, Cancer Care, Radiation Therapy, RT(T), Radiation Therapy & Dosimetry
- Radiation Oncology
Why Join Us?
- Increased Compensation Packages
- Generous Benefits Package with PTO and Tuition Assistance beginning on day 1
- Several Retirement Options including a 401K plan and either a Pension Plan or a 403 (b)
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, and caring team
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, supportive, and caring team
- Diverse patient population
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance (cross-train)
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Radiation Oncology Department houses a variety of therapeutic equipment, including 8 linear accelerators; a full Brachytherapy suite; a Gamma Knife center; two CT simulators and a dedicated MRI unit. The department supports two radiation therapy technology programs and a medical dosimeter programs via affiliations with local universities.
Performs patient treatments utilizing ionizing radiation under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
ResponsibilitiesPrepares patient and chart prior to start of procedure.��Delivers accurate and consistent treatments to patients.Completes treatment process and coordinates patient scheduling.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED - Radiation Therapy
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsR.T.(T)
EducationBachelor's Degree - Radiation Therapy
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer