Respiratory Therapist I - Night Shift - $15,000 Sign on Bonus - HUP
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients. Respiratory Care Practitioners shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient. The RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs of the patient. The Respiratory Care Practitioner complies with all rules and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies. The RCP shall complete continuing education to maintain compliance with the State of Pennsylvania licensure regulations and credentialing compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to maintain active credentials. Incumbents must be registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) within 1 year of entering this job. Promotion to Level II is automatic upon registration by the NBRC.
- RCP practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients.
- RCP shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient.
- RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural educational and age-specific needs of the patient. Demonstrates sound judgment characterized by response based & proactive practice. Performs systemic patient assessment relevant to practice setting.
- Performs assessment in consideration of patient progress towards goals.
- Interprets & integrates data from various sources into plan of care.
- Refers to evidence-based principles & clinical practice guidelines to ensure application of appropriate therapy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care provided & adapts care based on patient response. Recognizes changes in patient condition which requires a change in the plan of care.
- Initiates preventative measures to avoid potential problems. Demonstrates competence in clinical modalities/procedures per Respiratory Policy/Procedure manual. Recognizes & addresses clinical concerns to ensure patient safety.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited Respiratory Care program.
- 0-1 years clinical experience
- State of PA license and all NBRC credentials are to be active and maintained per the rules and regulations of the State of PA and the NBRC contuing competency requirements
- STate of PA Respiratory Care License - if license is temporary, RCP shall notify the Director of NBRC test date when scheduled
- ACLS recommended and NRP required (ICN staff only) wtihin 6 months of hire
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) within 9 months of date of hire)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.