SMA Sr. Behavioral Therapist - Las Vegas, NV
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Sr. Behavioral Therapist, SMA are responsible for providing therapeutic services to members. They function as a member of Health Plan of Nevada Behavioral Health and work in partnership with Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) clinics where members receive medical services from their Primary Providers. Under general supervision, the counselor provides therapy in person utilizing a brief, solution focused approach. Also, maintain clinical records, collect data related to this job position, and assist with quarterly reporting. The counselor is responsible for maintaining the established productivity standards, along with being within the timeframes required for completion by policy.
This role is located in Las Vegas, NV and no relocation assistance is offered.
- Therapy sessions in person utilizing a solution-focused therapeutic approach
- Documentation of clinical information related to SMA therapy visits in the designated computer system
- Collaborates with other providers, including medical Primary Care Physicians, to assist in attaining optimum outcomes
- Schedule appointments with our Administrative support staff for members seeking services through referrals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy, or Licensed Ph.D.
- Active and unrestricted license for state of Nevada
- 2+ years of therapeutic counseling experience with psychiatric population
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations applicable to mental health and substance abuse
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of NCQA and URAC accreditation standards
- Spanish Speaker
- Located in Las Vegas, NV area
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.