Radiation Therapist - Brachytherapy
Are you looking for a career as a Certified Board Radiation Therapist (Brachytherapy)? Look no further than BJC! At Barnes Jewish Hospital we offer great leadership opportunities and multiple ways to advance within your career. New grads, upcoming grads and experienced Radiation Therapists welcome to apply
- Day Shift (4/10s) – Monday-Friday
- No weekends, No call (can be crosstrained to pick up call if wanted)
- Completed an accredited Radiation Therapy program
- Board Certified by the ARRT
- Radiology, Medical Imaging, Cancer Care, Radiation Therapy, RT(T), Radiation Therapy & Dosimetry
- Radiation Oncology
- Complex Treatments, Innovative Team
- Various Treatment Machines
- Advanced treatment techniques utilizing the latest technology in the radiation therapy field
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Radiation Oncology Department utilizes a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic equipment, including 9 vaults; a full brachytherapy and radiopharmaceutical suite; a Gamma Knife center; two independent proton treatment machines; two CT simulators and a dedicated MR unit. The department supports radiation therapy training programs and a medical dosimetry program via affiliations with local universities.
Performs patient treatments utilizing ionizing radiation under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist.
ResponsibilitiesPrepares patient and chart prior to start of procedure.��Delivers accurate and consistent treatments to patients.Completes treatment process and coordinates patient scheduling.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED - Radiation Therapy
Supervisor ExperienceNo Experience
Licenses & CertificationsR.T.(T)
EducationBachelor's Degree - Radiation Therapy
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer