Medical Oncology Weekend Option, Registered Nurse
Additional Information About the Role
- Weekend Option Night Shift available
- Up to $15,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Expert Pay Eligible
- Benefits Eligible
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine is an international leader in cancer treatment, research, prevention, education and community outreach. It is the only cancer center in Missouri and within a 240-mile radius of St. Louis to hold the prestigious Comprehensive Cancer Center designation from the National Cancer Institute and membership in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Parent institutions Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine also are nationally recognized, with U.S.News & World Report consistently ranking the hospital and medical school among the nation's elite.
Division 11800 is a 32-bed single occupancy unit that provides care to oncology patients who are hospitalized for cancer treatment and symptom management, including support for immunosuppression and/or neutropenia. The care is moderate to high acuity. Care includes high complexity interventions serving patients on both the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) and Oncology services. The presence of two services provides broad oncology experiences for the nurse. Care is coordinated by a multidisciplinary team including oncology nurses, advanced practice nurses, case managers, coordinators, social workers, spiritual care, pharmacy and psycho-social support. Professional nursing growth and development are expected, encouraged and supported by the Oncology Nursing Fellowship Program for new graduate nurses, the Professional Nurse Development Program (PNDP), the Oncology Nursing Society's (ONS) Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course, and educational preparation for the Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) program.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical nursing skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer