OncoLink Oncology Educational Content Specialist I
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The OncoLink Oncology Educational Content Specialist I is a critical member of the OncoLink Editorial team. This individual will work closely with the OncoLink Managing Editor and will be responsible for reviewing current literature, working with the team on program development and implementation, writing accessible patient focused education articles, analyzing program data, and collaborating on research projects.
- Working under moderate supervision, the OncoLink Oncology Educational Content Specialist I develops key content and programmatic deliverables for OncoLink.
- Review, research, create and update oncology content for providers and patients based on current literature and practice needs. Create accessible education materials using plain language principles.
- Work with team members in designing research projects, and the writing and publication of scholarly documents.
- Provides key input in OncoLink web site design, program development and enhancement. Support OncoLink operations through testing and QA of updates and deployments.
- Works with the team to support production of blogs, webinars, video presentations and other content.
- Utilize content management systems to create and update content, perform website operations, create reports for editorial needs, maintain blog postings, and create newsletters.
- Completes work to meet production schedules, supports editorial team peers by providing timely responses and assistance where needed.
- Represent OncoLink at patient and professional conferences. This includes executing exhibitor roles at conferences, virtually or in person.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Clinical Licensure (nursing, LCSW, RT, MD, etc.) (Preferred).
- Certified Health Education Specialist (Preferred).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences (nursing, social work, etc), Public Health, or Health Education (Required).
- 2+ years of experience in health education or healthcare fields (Required).
- 1+ years of experience writing consumer/ lay person health education utilizing plain language principles (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to write educational content translating complex information into simple explanations.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with strict attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor to interact with clinicians, patients, and customers of OncoLink products.
- Good customer service skills, comfortable communicating with patients, caregivers, and other healthcare professionals. Able to build networks to further organizational goals.
- Comfortable with technology and willingness to learn content management system and learning management systems to support operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to work as part of a team to provide a high-quality service to customers.
- Experience giving professional presentations to patient or provider groups.
- Knowledge of, and ability to write using plain language principles.
- Skilled at performing a medical literature review.
- Expertise in editing and proofreading following specific style guidelines.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.