Sr. Medical Assistant - STL Ortho & Sports Med
Additional Information About the Role
BJC HealthCare is Now Hiring a Full-Time Medical Assistant (MA) our STL Orthopedic location in St. Louis, MO.
- SIGN ON BONUS eligible up to $2,500!!!
- Day Shift Monday-Friday hours (7:30 to 4pm)
- Registered MA preferred
- Orthopedic experience preferred
Why Join Us?
- Work with a highly skilled, compassionate, supportive, and caring team
- Growth Opportunities to Learn New Skills and Advance (cross-train)
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Provides patient care under the direction of a physician or other licensed professional. Performs select duties for the promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols and procedures. Serves as an experienced role model in a functional area within a practice, such as lab testing, OSHA/CLIA compliance, electronic health record management, specialty practice medical assisting, medical supplies management, or functional cross-training for other positions within the practice.
- Cleans, prepares and stocks supplies in exam rooms.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy, electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and injections.
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and present relevant information to provider with correct medical terminology.
- Assists provider by preparing patients for exams, procedures and treatments.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience
- Cert/Reg in Area of Expertise
- 5-10 years of experience
- <2 years of supervisor experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer