LPN-Ortho Shared Services
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Entity: The Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: 3737 Market Street
Hours: Day Shift, Full time
Department: Ortho Shared Services
- The CPUP Licensed Practical Nurse assists physicians and performs healthcare services to patients in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Monitors and charts patients, collects sample, and performs other tasks as assigned, all under the direction of registered nurses and doctors.
- Administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines, reads PPD results.Performs electrocardiograms (EKG) and screening tests.Obtains and tests specimens following standard operating procedures and documents results, taking appropriate action with unexpected results. Prepares specimens for transport as necessary.Gather information from patient and direct to the RN or Provider when necessary.Assists provider with surgical procedures including positioning patients, keeping a sterile field, and wound cleaning and dressing.Prepares paperwork to complete patient visit.Obtains and documents patient's vital signs as needed and reports abnormal results to provider.Cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and checks to make sure all instruments and equipment are in proper working order.Maintains medication storage closets.Participates in orienting new team members.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Education Specialization:
- Other (Required)
- Education Specialization: Practice Nursing School
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.