Patient Service Rep (PSR) - GI Outpatient Office
BJC HealthCare is hiring a Full-Time Patient Service Rep (PSR) the BJC Medical Group GI at Missouri Baptist (St. Louis, MO).
- Shift Day Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am-4:30pm), no nights, weekends, or holidays
- Scheduling of many patient office visits and procedures (colonoscopies and Upper Endoscopies)
- Handling patient phone calls (scheduling and medical problems)
- Prior authorizations for medications and procedures, and effectively communicating patient issues to providers both in person and via Epic tasking function with prompt patient follow up
- Epic experience (or some other form of EMR system experience) preferred
- Two years of experience in a medical office setting (internal medicine, or specialty office) in a similar role (preferred)
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Professional phone skills
- Patient scheduling experience
If you have experience in one of the below areas, you could be a great fit:
- Patient Advocate
- Patient Service Specialist
- Patient Access Rep
- Medical Receptionist
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician-led organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with top-ranked hospitals in the Midwest region.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to extraordinary care in over 145 locations and over 25 specialties in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas. Our providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction, quality health care, and improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
BJC Medical Group practices serve their community by providing the highest level of quality care to their diverse patient populations.
The Patient Services Representative acts as the initial point of contact for front office activity and helps directs the patient flow process at the physician office. This position performs patient check-ins and appointment scheduling. This position also maintains patient financial records and may serve as a switchboard operator as needed.
ResponsibilitiesHandles telephone calls from patients and staff; forwards calls requiring triage.Performs receptionist duties with close attention to detail and professionalism.Verifies health insurance payment information and educates patients on the applicable regulations; collects payments and records data.Performs data entry of service charges, to include the assignment of diagnostic codes and the entering of all physician and clinic related charges.Coordinates information with Central Billing Office to ensure all charges are captured and properly collected.
EducationHigh School Diploma or GED
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer