Additional Information About the Role
Apply to join the BJC Paramedic team at Christian Hospital and Northwest HealthCare and experience a rewarding and life-changing career.
- Full Time Positions
- Now Offering Increased Compensation
- 12 hours shifts and some 24 hours Shifts
- Rotating Weekends
- Excellent Opportunity to gain experience
- Full Benefits package available
Christian Hospital is a full-service acute care community hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care, pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology, pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a convenient setting.
The Emergency Medical Services Department is charged with the delivery, management and transport of patients involved in traumatic and medical emergencies.
The Paramedic - Transport is responsible for all aspects of emergency medical services and non-emergency care in the pre-hospital, transport environment. This position works under on-line and off-line medical control, providing all levels of care.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency patient care needs; communicates with the emergency department upon arrival.
- Provides quality patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating individual patient care.
- Documents initial and updated assessments on all patients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Class D (IL) or Class E (MO)
- 2-5 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer