Additional Information About the Role
Apply to join the BJC Paramedic team at Alton Memorial Hospital and experience a rewarding and life-changing career. There’s never been a better time to be a part of the BJC network.
- Full Time Positions
- Now Offering Increased Compensation
- 12 hours shifts and some 24 hours Shifts
- Rotating Weekends
- Excellent Opportunity to gain experience
- Full Benefits package available
Since 1937, Alton Memorial Hospital has cared for residents in Alton, Illinois, and the surrounding communities in a five-county area. Starting as a land gift to the community from the Smith family, Alton Memorial today is a full-service acute care hospital. Alton Memorial offers patients a variety of inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery services, medical imaging, interventional and diagnostic heart services, cancer care, rehabilitation, 24-hour emergency care, ambulance services and more.
The EMS department is comprised of 51 employees that man 6 ALS units to cover a 300 square mile area in the riverbend. We have a fleet of 11 ambulances and 1 command unit . We are the primary 911 units for multiple communities and offer a variety of services to all of our patients and families. We live by the words '' To heal often , to comfort always''
The Paramedic - Transport is responsible for all aspects of emergency medical services and non-emergency care in the pre-hospital, transport environment. This position works under on-line and off-line medical control, providing all levels of care.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency patient care needs; communicates with the emergency department upon arrival.
- Provides quality patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating individual patient care.
- Documents initial and updated assessments on all patients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Class D (IL) or Class E (MO)
- 2-5 years
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer