Associate, QC Microbiology, Cell Therapy
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a QC Associate to join our QC Microbiology team at the Cell Therapy Facility (CTF) in Devens, MA. The QC Associate is responsible for supporting Quality Control microbiological in-process, release, and stability testing of clinical and commercial cell therapy drug product. Additionally, the QC Associate will support clean utilities systems testing, environmental monitoring within the manufacturing environment, and may assist with investigations and continuous improvement efforts. The QC Associate role is stationed in Devens, MA and reports to the Manager, QC Microbiology for the Devens CTF.
- Perform microbiological testing and data review of in-process, batch release, and stability samples of cell therapy drug product in accordance with applicable procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Perform environmental and clean utilities monitoring within the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure timely completion of testing and tasks as assigned.
- May train on additional test methods and provide support to a broader spectrum of testing responsibilities.
- Support investigations through data gathering or interview process.
- Apply scientific principles to testing and the proper use of laboratory equipment.
- Communicate effectively with management regarding task completion, roadblocks, and needs.
- May participate in projects and continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Support for QC and manufacturing operations requires shift coverage consisting of weekdays, weekends, holidays, and during adverse weather conditions. This position works the following shift schedule:
- PM Shift: Sunday to Wednesday 2 PM – 12 AM
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the life sciences.
- 0-2+ years of relevant microbiological testing or QC experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated experience with basic laboratory techniques and basic laboratory safety practices.
- Prior experience in microbiology techniques (endotoxin, sterility, environmental monitoring, process gas & water testing, aseptic technique) is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards as they apply to GMP laboratories is preferred.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Knowledge of basic electronic systems (email, MS Office, etc.) required.
- Experience with LIMS and ELN computer applications preferred.
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and department management.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.