Lab Manager- Anatomic Pathology
- Barnes Jewish Hospital has an opening for a Laboratory Manager! Are you seeking to grow in an ever changing environment that prides itself on staying on top of the latest technology and innovations in the Laboratory space? If so, then we want to talk with you!
- Must have a Bachelors and MT/MLS - ASCP or equiv
- Will have Direct Reports
- Will have oversight of the departments with the laboratory (cytology, histology, accessioning, gross room, and clerical)
- Background in Histology is preferred, but not required.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Responsible for managing and planning technical and administrative (finance, personnel, accreditation, purchasing, etc.) aspects of department services.
ResponsibilitiesManages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.Directs and manages all technical and administrative aspects of the laboratory. Administer BJC policy as well as setting local policy for clinical quality, human resources, finance, and regulatory. Acts as liaison between laboratory and other functions of the hospital or system.Directs, supports and promotes continuous improvement of quality and service to ensure the goal of excellence in clinical outcomes.Researches, evaluates, selects and implements systems which improve efficiency of department operationsEnsures maintenance of laboratory services and quality in accordance with prescribed standards and policies of the system, government and other accreditation agencies.
EducationBachelor's Degree - Physical/Life Science/related
Supervisor Experience2-5 years
Licenses & CertificationsMT/MLS - ASCP or equiv
EducationMaster's Degree - Physical/Life Science/related
Supervisor Experience5-10 years
Licenses & CertificationsCert/Lic in Area of Expertise
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to www.bjctotalrewards.com/Benefits
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer