Patient Care Coordinator - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (106355293)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
In this position you will interact with patients and their family members, healthcare providers, insurance companies. Front office role including check in, check out; scheduling/rescheduling and/or cancelling appointments and verifying insurance eligibility according to standard work. Learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to improve the lives of patients. Enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our patient population. We offer the benefits of working for a large, multi-national company - career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will demonstrate effective customer service and communication skills.
- Assists patient with intake or admitting processes including copying required documents
- Collects co - payments, co - insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Collects, records and balances payments
- Processes walk - in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Manage and submit daily request for referrals/authorizations in a timely manner
- Assist physicians, as required in coordination of care for patients
- Review details and expectations about referrals with the patients
- Provides high quality care and service excellence to our patients
- Participates in a variety of department initiatives
- Ensures all OSHA, HIPAA, and other regulations are followed. Maintains strict patient and employee confidentiality
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, maybe defined or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested
- High school graduate or GED
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with insurance verifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Experience with referrals
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Knowledge of Medi - Cal / Medicaid benefits and eligibility
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Coordinator, Patient Care, Medical office, Front office coordinator, Data entry, Insurance verifications, Referrals, Authorizations, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, California