Associate Patient Care Coordinator entry level! - Glendale, AZ (107501417)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for greeting patients as they come into the clinic, answer incoming calls, make outgoing calls to schedule patients for their annual exam, check patients in for their appointment, insurance eligibility, collect copays, scanning documents, and scheduling other appointments. This position is the face of the clinic and we take pride in our jobs and clinic! If you love what you do and love to help others, then this position is for you!
THIS POSITION IS FULL TIME - *HOURS: 8:00am - 5:00pm MONDAY - FRIDAY
NO WEEKENDS, NO MAJOR HOLIDAYS* AWESOME BENEFITS!
*This position is located on N 72nd Dr. in Glendale, AZ
- Greeting patients
- Insurance eligibility
- Schedule appointments
- Complete tasks needed to help medical assistants and providers
- Cash handling
- Superb customer service
- Working in a call center environment for a busy office
- Handle 150-200 calls per day
- Be a team player, willing to help wherever needed
- Friendly demeanor over the phone and in person
- Multi-task on several projects throughout the day while paying close attention to detail
- Handling walk-ins
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent
- 3+ years customer service type of role
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of experience in the medical field
- Background using EMR or EHR (electronic medical records/electronic health records)
- Knowledge of medical insurances (HMO, PPO, Medicare & etc.)
- Insurance eligibility
- Bilingual Spanish/English
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associated Patient Care Coordinator, medical care coordinator, medical office coordinator, front office coordinator-medical