Patient Care Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ (107917620)
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Patient Registration Department at The University of Arizona Cancer Center @ Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e- benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Patient Care Coordinator, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay. Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
This position is full - time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 625 NORTH 6TH STREET, PHOENIX, AZ, 85004. Training will be conducted onsite.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration
- process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers' inquiries always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Obtaining Benefits and Insurance verification
- Point of Service Cash Collection, Co-Pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Scanning of documents
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals
- Registering and Pre-Registering Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Working with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office, OR any medical setting
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- 1+ years of professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Ability to work any day shift within the operating hours of 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends based on business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous experience in working with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word (create, edit, save), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save), and Microsoft Outlook (send and receive emails)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc.
- Experience with submitting authorization requests and / OR processing referrals
- Insurance Benefits experience and / OR knowledge
- Cerner / Invision software experience
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #RED