Patient Care Coordinator - Slidell, LA
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at Saint Tammany1520 Gause Blvd., Slidell, LA 70458.
- Addresses the total patient, inclusive of medical, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural, and spiritual needs
- Involves the individual patient and caregiver, as appropriate, in decision making
- Facilitates communication and coordination among members of the care team
- Provides patient care to include patient assessment prior to physician’s / nurse practitioner’s examination, serves as patient advocate / liaison by answering questions related to care and treatment, as appropriate, provides patient education and self - management support, implements physician orders (injections, prescription refills, diagnostic tests, referrals, etc.) and assists providers with procedures
- Escorts patient to exam room
- Participates in team “huddles” and ensures EMR is prepared for the clinic visit
- Triages phone calls to the appropriate department and enters the call into the EMR as a Telephone Encounter. After the call has been addressed, communicates with the patient and documents in the Telephone Encounter
- Maintains cleanliness of the patient care areas (exam rooms)
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked at all times
- Cleans and disinfects instruments according to policy
- Performs clinic tasks as directed by Clinic Manager
- Assists Clinic Manager with the ordering and receiving of medical supplies and medications
- Works closely with the Clinic Manager and Quality Manager to create and implement new workflows
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience performing clinical duties in a medical setting assisting physicians with clinical and admirative tasks
- Electronic Medical Records work experience
- Experience with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Current CPR / AED certification
- Injection administering experience
- Current Medical Assistant certification
- Experience with OSHA / HIPAA compliance
Physical and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 20+ pounds
- Ability to bend and sit for long periods
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.