Ultrasound Tech Oceanside CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for following physician's orders, performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations (OB, ABD, Small parts, and Vascular). Using cognitive sonographic skills to identify record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images. Greets, correctly identifies patient, prepares patient for examination, and explains specific procedures to be performed in appropriate confidential area. Analyses sonograms, synthesizes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate physician. Accurately maintains patient imaging records in accordance with HIPAA and company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Obtains pertinent medical history from the patient, prepares preliminary reports for radiologist and contacts referring physician when required according to established procedures
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area, and ensures adequate supplies are available
- May also be assigned to other modalities
- Will comply with annual mandatory Fit Testing as a job requirement
- Able to work in high volume setting
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of a formally accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Active certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Current CPR certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Breast Sonography Registered (or complete 5 CME's within first month of hire)
- 1+ years of OB Ultrasound experience
- Breast exam, Transvaginal and Abdominal ultrasound experience
- Basic computer skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.