Patient Care Coordinator
Optum is the premier medical practice in New Jersey serving patients in Hudson, Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Middlesex, Burlington, and Camden counties. We have over 60 locations and 180 board certified medical providers specializing in Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Foot & Ankle, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Behavioral Health, Physical Therapy, Allergy & Immunology, Developmental Health, Pain Management, Chiropractic and Optometry.
As a National Committee for Quality Assurance "Level III- Patient Centered Medical Home," Optum is able to provide patient-focused precision medical care to the entire family and is committed to providing patients with the highest quality medical care.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
As a part of the OptumCare network, Optum is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator-Floater to join our growing team in New Jersey. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Working Hours: Need to be flexible to work any hours from 8 am to 8 pm due to this being a floater role that will go to other offices in the area. You would also need to be able to work every other Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Greet patient when entering the practice
- Obtain accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Perform insurance verification on the date of service
- File and maintain medical records
- Confirms and schedule appointments
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Perform referral documentation promptly
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adhere to the standards identified in Optum’s Employee Policy Manual
- Cooperate with other Optum employees to achieve specific team goals
- Keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of experience working in a customer service role
- 1+ years of healthcare or customer service-related experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience working in medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- Basic knowledge of Epic EMR software
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.